Answers to our most frequently asked questions are just one click away!
Do you want to rent a bike with us but you don't know if we need a document and if you have to leave a security deposit too? For questions like this and many more, look for your answers in our FAQ.
What is request to pick up the bike?
- A valid document (ID/passport/driving license - for NON-UE citizen passport is mandatory).
- A security deposit: Is possible to leave a valid document at the shop or 50 € per bike by cash (€ 100 in case of E-bike or Touring bike). If you prefer to pay the security deposit by card, a fee of 1€ will be applied and it may take 5 to 7 business days for the refund.
What my rental included?
- Always included in the rental price you will have: Basket, Lock, Helmet, Lights, Map of the city, Phone Holder, Kids Seat for 3 e per day (upon availability and available only on Premium City Bike) and puncture repair kit. Panniers available on request on the Premium City Bike and TREK Touring Bike (included in the price for rentals of 4 days or more).
Do you have kids seats available?
- Yes, we have child seats available and the price is 3 € per day and the helmet is included. The kids seats are only available with the Premium City Bike. They can carry up to 18 kg of weight and are approved for children from 9 months old. It is mandatory to reserve it in advance through our booking online, adding it from the section of the extras available for the Premium City Bike model.
How can I make a reservation?
- We only accept reservations through our website at the following link https://bikeinmindvalencia.com/en/bike-rental-booking-online/
How can I cancel my reservation?
- Just send an email at email@example.com and in case your cancellation is made up to 24 hours before the bike pick-up time, your deposit will be totally refunded.
What time do I have to drop-off the bike?
- The bikes must returned at the time established in the contract. In case of delay, the costumer has to notify in advance, otherwise a fine of 20€ will be charged.
Who is liable in case of theft or damage to the bicycle?
- WITHOUT THEFT AND DAMAGES INSURANCE: the liability for theft and damages to the bicycle is the costumer. Lock the bicycle does not remove liability for theft.
- WITH THEFT AND DAMAGES INSURANCE: the customer has to pay the excess of 50 % of the bike value, instead 100%. The insurance covers any damage to the bicycle but doesn't cover the theft or loss of the bike accessories.
Is it necessary to buy Theft and Damage Insurance and Road Assistance?
- Theft and damage insurance and road assistance are not mandatory, the customer can choose whether to buy them or not but it's a good idea to enjoy a stress-free holidays.
What happens if I have a mechanical breakdown or a puncture?
- WITHOUT ROAD ASSISTANCE SERVICE: the customer has to bring back the bike to Bike in Mind's shop. In the event that the customer has previously contracted the INSURANCE against THEFT AND DAMAGE, he will not have to pay any repair cost. Otherwise, he will have to pay all repair costs.
Alternatively, the customer can bring the bicycle to any bicycle repair shop next to him and he will pay all repair costs.
- WITH ROAD ASSISTANCE SERVICE: In case of breakdown the customer has to send us a WhatsApp message at +34 684 054 683 and share his live location. Our mechanic will come as soon as possible.
In which hours and in which areas is the road assistance available?
Are there any rules for cycling in Valencia?
- In Valencia bicycles must use the areas designates for cyclist and, in their absence, on the road next to other vehicles. In this case you can use any bike lane next to the sidewalk, whichever is more convenient for your destination. Is mandatory to use a helmet outside the city area and for cyclists under 16 years old. If you would like to get more information about rules and recommendations for bicycle circulation in Valencia, click here.
Can a person under 18 years old rent a bike?
- No, bicycle rental service is only available for adults, unless the person under 18 years old is accompanied by an adult.
Who is liable for injuries and damages caused to himself and to third parties?
- The customers bears full legal liability and is liable for the payment of any medical bills for damages and injuries caused to himself and to third parties. Bike in Mind is not liable for injuries or damages caused by the rented bikes and/or items during the rental period. The theft and damages insurance by Bike in Mind covers only theft and damages of the bike rented.